Make a Switch
The NAP4 Report recommends that all hospitals have access to second generation SADs, such as LMA Supreme™, for both routine use and rescue airway management.
LMA Supreme™ delivers the following evidence-based benefits:
- Insertion success: Insertion times as low as 5 seconds from picking up the device to connection to the anaesthetic circuit5
- High ventilation performance: Measured oropharyngeal leak pressures up to 37 cm H203
- Effective gastric access: Regurgitation of gastric contents through the drain tube observed in 4/205 patients with no evidence of aspiration9
- Insertion success with new users: 86% first time insertion success; 100% overall insertion success12
- A viable option in both routine and advanced procedures: Evidence to support use in laparoscopic cholecystectomy, radical retropubic prostatectomy, prone procedures, paediatrics and during CPR 7,8,9,10
Consider using LMA Supreme™ for:
- Mild-to-moderately obese patients.
- Abdominal procedures.
- Controlled reflux.
- Positive pressure ventilation (PPV).
- Unexpected difficult airways.