LMA® Classic™ Airway
The classic laryngeal mask
- Eight sizes, from neonate to adult
- Re-usable up to 40 times.
- Aperture bars designed to prevent the blockage of the airway by the epiglottis13
- Soft, silicone cuff
- Facilitates smooth emergence from anaesthesia7
- Minimal haemodynamic response7
- Part of the American Society of Anesthesiologists difficult airway algorithm
Advantages over the TT included: increased speed and ease of placement by inexperienced personnel; increased speed of placement by anaesthetists; improved haemodynamic stability at induction and during emergence; minimal increase in intraocular pressure following insertion; reduced anaesthetic requirements for airway tolerance; lower frequency of coughing during emergence; improved oxygen saturation during emergence; and lower incidence of sore throat in adults.
Brimacombe J. The advantages of the LMA over the tracheal tube or facemask: a meta-analysis. Canadian Journal Anaesthesia. 1995; 42: 1017-23.
Footage demonstrating a clear airway, free from obstruction – Highlighting the importance of Aperture Bars in LMA Unique™.
Footage demonstrating epiglottic blockage in a competitor Laryngeal Mask Airway without in-built aperture bars – Highlighting the importance of Aperture Bars in LMA™ products.